Who We Are: NL History
Established in 1889 by Mr. Nahalchand Laloochand, the NL Group has been a part of history for over a hundred years now. Our founder, through his entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities, went on to become one of the leading yarn businessmen in the pre-independence era. He was also the sole selling agent of the mill owned by the Killick Nixon Group named Kohinoor Mills and the mills owned by the W.H.Brady Group, namely Colaba Land and Mills, New City Mill and New Great Mill. The NL empire was furthered by the heir to the group, Mr. Kantilal Nahalchand, who served as Director of the Bank of Baroda Ltd. for over three decades. The NL Group, in the first seven decades of the 20th century was also known for ambitious work not only in the textile industry, but also, sugar, cement, banking, pharmaceutical, chemical and film processing industries.
In 1979, when the fourth generation heirs, Mr. Rajesh Himatlal and Mr. Mukesh Himatlal entered the business, they realised that it was time to make the NL banner fly higher, as a result of which they unanimously decided to make a foray into Real Estate. Today, the group consists of two major businesses, Real Estate and Foreign Exchange, which have been strengthened by Mr. Rajesh's sons- Mr. Jai Rajesh and Mr. Yash Rajesh.
Our foreign exchange business, 'NL Forex' provides services ranging from retail to wholesale and is one of the top 10 foreign exchange financial services companies in India.
In our real estate business, we have always strived to maintain consistency and timely delivery of all projects. We are the first developer in the country to offer legal guarantee of possession on predetermined dates.